- Next Event
- 14th - 17th Feb 2014
- Kettering Conference Centre
Next up, as part of our exciting plans for epic12, we'd like to introduce a new room, Lakeside!
As our February LAN is always our biggest, and the current main casual gaming hall is nearly full already. We didn't want any of you to miss out on spaces, so we've made some more, with capacity for over 100 gamers in our new ground-floor room.
ESL UK and epic.LAN are pleased to announce a partnership for the next instalment of the popular offline event series, epic.TWELVE. The joint venture will see the inclusion of a guaranteed £3,000 DOTA 2 competition in February 2014.
Do you want to be a part of the awesome team behind epic.LAN events?
We're really excited about epic.LAN in 2014, after our great first year of LAN Parties at the Kettering Conference Centre, we can't wait until February to get back and put on some great gaming events for you.
But it takes quite a bit of man (and woman) power to put on the events across our various teams and with some of our plans for 2014, then we need to keep growing the event team to keep making the events even more...epic (sorry).
Everybody on the team, right up to the management, is a volunteer, we all do it because we enjoy it and get a buzz at the end of the whole thing when we see hundreds of you enjoying the LAN. It is very hard work with long hours, but it's extremely rewarding, otherwise we simply wouldn't do it!
So we're looking for some willing helpers in the following areas:
- Tournament Team - As our tournaments grow, then the admin team needs to as well both to help at the events, but also to help us spread the word. At the moment we have plans for CSGO, SC2 and LoL.
- Shop/Reception - A welcoming face on our front desk or shop to help out with basic queries or keep the gamers fuelled throughout the weekend.
- Event Team - The event team does a bit of everything during a LAN weekend, whether it's dealing with basic technical issues for people, running big games, dealing with audio-visual tasks, helpdesk, shop, keeping the venue safe and tidy, like I said, a bit of everything!
- Content Team - People want to hear about the events, so we need to shout about them. So we're looking for budding writers, photographers or people with video shooting/editing skills to make sure the rest of the world knows what they're missing during one of our LANs.
Interested? Able? Willing? Then get in touch with us and tell us a bit more about why you want to get involved and any relevant experience. For the majority of these roles, we would ask that you have at least attended one of our events in the past so you've experienced our events from the participant side.
With epic.TWELVE already announced for 14-17th February 2014, we can now confirm the full calendar for 2014:
- epic.TWELVE - Friday 14 - Monday 17th February 2014
- epic.THIRTEEN - Thursday 17 - Sunday 20th July 2014
- epic.lite 12 - Friday 23rd - Monday 26th May 2014
- epic.lite 13 - Friday 26th - Sunday 28th September 2014
- epic.lite 14 - Friday 5th - Sunday 7th December 2014
We'll keep an eye on the numbers for epic.TWELVE and may consider a 3rd main epic.LAN event around October if the numbers head in the right direction. If we do so, the September epic.lite date will be converted to a social trip of some sorts.